The summer month of August is all fish at Not Just BBQ. Fresh fish that is! Because it lends itself so well to preparation on the barbecue, provided you do it with love and attention. But of course you do that. And fish is quick to prepare and you can’t really go wrong.
This time, the Not Just BBQ team prepared a whole sea bass. This fish stays nicely ‘whole’ on the barbecue because it is slightly firmer. The taste is surprisingly mild and not extremely ‘fishy’, so also for non-fish eaters this can be a good try.
Let us know how you experience fish on the BBQ and TAG #notjustbbq in your social media. Then we will share it with our fans. And don’t forget to check out AND subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
YOU CAN’T GO WRONG. BE THE MASTER.
- Sea bass 2
- 1 Lemon
- Full-cream butter
- Fresh rosemary
- Not Just BBQ Garlic and Herb Shaker
- Not Just BBQ Smoke Chunks Cherry
- Kamado or #weber barbecue
- Coals, Not Just BBQ Firestarters, etc. for preparing your BBQ
- 1 Bowl to mix the lemonbutter
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Barbecue tongs
Quick recipe steps:
1. Start your BBQ with our firestarters. Let the BBQ rise to 250 degrees Celsius.
2. Grate the zest of the lime very finely.
3. Slice the lime in thin slices.
4. Mix the zest with the butter and seasoning from the Not Just BBQ Garlic and Herb Shaker to taste.
5. Remove the guts and intestines from the sea bass. Or ask the fishmonger. And rinse it clean.
6. Now cut the fish, about 3 to 4 centimetres, once or twice on both sides.
7. Then put half a slice of lemon, a bit of rosemary and the lime butter in each notch. Ad slices lemon on one side of the fish. Bind it up with butcher rope if needed.
8. If you like, add smoking wood between the coals at that time. Cherry Woodchunks are mild and a bit sweet.
9. Grill the fish, on the lemon side (no sticky fish for you 😉 on your BBQ for about 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the size of the fish. the fish.
10. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired. Delicious with a fresh salad and roasted potatoes from the BBQ. Enjoy!