Did you ever made fresh lobster yourself? Curious what your experience is. Be sure to show us your result on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest and we’ll share it among all fans. YOU CAN’T GO WRONG. BE THE MASTER.
- Whole fresh lobster (live or frosen, your choice)
- Fullcream butter
- Fresh curly parsley
- Fresh thyme
- 1 Lemon
- Not Just BBQ Seasalt grinder
- Not Just BBQ fishgrinder
- Kamado or #weber barbecue
- Coals, Not Just BBQ Firestarters for preparing your BBQ
- 2 Bowls to mix the oil and butter
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- BBQ tongs
Quick recipe steps:
1. Start your BBQ with our firestarters. Let the BBQ rise to high heat.
2. Mix the oil with chopped fresh thyme and garlic in a small bowl. Add a little Sea Salt from the grinder.
3. Cut the lobster in half. This is a bit of a hassle, you want to kill the lobster with one motion. On the head of the lobster you will see a cross. Take a sharp knife and place it on this cross, give a hard tap and cut the head and also the body directly.
4. Carefully remove the viscera from the head.
5. Brush the cutting edge of the lobster with the thyme oil.
6. Place the lobsters on the grill of the hot bbq with the cut edges facing down. Roast the lobster for about 3-4 minutes until the lobster shells have turned a nice deep red. Be careful not to overcook the meat as it will not taste good.
7. Meanwhile, stir the Fish Grinder herbs, chopped parsley and garlic, lemon zest into the butter and season with pepper and perhaps a little salt.
8. Turn the lobsters over and add a thick lick of lemon garlic butter and let it melt for 1 minute. 9. Remove the lobster from the grill. Add butter on the hot lobster if you like.
Serve immediately. Delicious with some fresh baked Beer Bread, salad or a filled potato with spinach. Enjoy!
Fresh lemon butter lobster from the barbecue