Trout is a perfect fish for a hot summer evening barbecue. Just keep the fish whole and let the natural flavours come out with fresh herbs, our fish spices and a fresh lemon and presto your dish is ready. Just a few minutes on the barbecue.
The ‘En Papillotte’ is an easy and no-fail method of preparation. Your dish is folded in Butcher Paper which steams it and prevents it from becoming dry. In the package you can add your herbs, butter or something like small tomatoes or mini potatoes and let it cook along. Easy does it! Our Not Just BBQ team tried our new Butcher Paper during our summer team-bbq day. Watch the video and let us know how you experience fish on the BBQ.
TAG #notjustbbq in your social media. Then we will share it with our fans. And don’t forget to check out AND subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
YOU CAN’T GO WRONG. BE THE MASTER.
- Fresh Trout 2
- 1 Lemon
- Full-cream butter
- Fresh herbs like rosemary, tarragon or flat parsley
- Not Just BBQ Fish Grinder
- Not Just BBQ Himalaya Pink Salt
- Not Just BBQ Black Pepper
- Kamado or #weber barbecue
- Coals, Not Just BBQ Firestarters, etc. for preparing your BBQ
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Barbecue tong
Quick recipe steps:
1. Light the barbecue well in advance. Or as we do, first grill dishes that can stand a higher temperature and finish off with this quick and light fish.
2. Start your BBQ with our firestarters. 3. Wash and dry the trout.
4. As soon as the coals turn white and have no flame, add the Fire Herbs or Smoke Chunks between the coals. It smells so good!
5. Place the trout on a piece of Butcher Paper, large enough so that you can wrap the trout later.
6. Meanwhile, insert fresh herbs and lemon slices into the belly of the trout.
8. We added a few nice thick licks of butter just next to the trout.
9. Fold the Butcher Paper around the trout like a package. You can put some butcher’s twine around it but it is not necessary.
10. Close the barbecue and let it cook gently. After 8 minutes, carefully turn the packets over. The Butcher Paper protects the fish ‘En Papillotte’ style and ensures that the juices of the fish are preserved, but the smoke gets to the fish and gives it that extra taste sensation.
11. Meanwhile, prepare your side dish, such as small potatoes with herbs and a lovely fresh salad. 12. Simply serve the trout IN the Butcher Paper as a package and place the side dishes next to it. Bon appetit!