With the upcoming Thanksgiving, we asked our chefs for some chicken dishes from the barbecue. We make a leisurely start with a homemade chicken burger. Simple. And quick. But always score!
Watch our chefs’ video HERE on YouTube
We are working on a Weber this time, preparing the barbecue for direct heat with a temperature of up to 220 degrees C. Of course, we are using good coals and our Firestarters.
TAG #notjustbbq in your social media. Then share it with barbecue fans. And don’t forget to watch AND subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
YOU CAN’T GO WRONG. BE THE MASTER.
- 500 grams to 1 kilo of minced chicken (they fly off your bbq anyway)
- 1 egg per 500 grams
- Fresh coriander
- Garlic to taste
- Red onion
- 2 dry bread slices or breadcrumbs
- Hamburger buns
- Not Just BBQ Caribbean Jerk Rub
- Not Just BBQ Mango Chilli Sauce
- Kamado of #weber barbecue
- Coals, Not Just BBQ Firestarters
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Barbecue tongs
- Bowl to mix minced meat
- Hamburg form (or good hands)
>> Watch our step-by-step how-to video recipe <<
Easy recipe steps:
1. Get good chicken mince from your butcher.
2. We work on a Weber this time and prepare the barbecue for direct heat with a teperature of up to 220 degrees C. Of course, we use good coals and our Firestarters.
3. As the temperature rises, we have plenty of time to prepare. Slice the onion into rings and the coriander finely.
4. Grab a large bowl and mix the minced chicken with 1 or 2 eggs in it. Add toasted breadcrumbs if a little too moist.
5. Generously add the Caribbean Jerk Rub and finely chopped coriander. Keep some coriander left over for decoration. The rub has everything to make your burger nice and spicy-sweet. You get the kick from the chilli, but it also has the signature brown sugar, allspice and also already salt, thyme, black pepper and a touch of cinnamon. So you really don’t need more spices than this, we’ve made sure it’s balanced.
6. Mix everything together well and let rest in a cool place. Quarter back in the fridge.
7. Then make your burgers. tip: use a burger press, then all your burgers will be the same size. But you can also use your hands. Tip 2: make a small hole in the middle of the burger before putting them on the grill. This prevents the burger from hollowing out.
8 Barbecue ready? Be sure to experiment with our Smoke Chunks. That extra smoky flavour adds even more flavour!
9. Grill your burgers golden brown, keep the lid off! You want to grill your burgers, not cook them.
11. Put the sliced open buns on top for a while so they are nice and crispy.
12. Prepare your bun with sauce and coleslaw at the bottom, top with the burger and generously add the Mango Chilli Sauce or XL Chilli Sauce. Enjoy! You can’t go wrong, be the master!