When you think of spring, you probably think of lamb. That’s why we have made a delicious mediterranean spiced rack of lamb. Delicious from the BBQ or out of the oven.
- 1 rack of lamb
- 1 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- Oil or butter
- Mediterranean rub
- Everyday grinder
- Cutting board
- BBQ or oven
- A pair of pliers
- Aluminum foil
Often when you buy a rack of lamb you have to clean it first. Is your rack of lamb already clean? Then you can skip steps 2 and 3
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C, or set the barbecue to 200 ° C, one half for direct grilling and the other side for indirect grilling.
- You are going to cut loose the bones from the rack of lamb with a knife. Cut the meat off at the top and bottom of the bones with a knife, you can also remove the meat between the bones. However, you do not have to throw this away and you can use it another time. There is a thin piece of skin on the back of the rack of lamb, just like with spareribs. You can loosen this on one side with your knife and then pull it off.
- To really clean the bones completely, you can tie a piece of string around the almost bare bones. Take a piece of string and tie it to the meat around the bone. Make a knot in it and pull the rope down. If all goes well, the last pieces of meat will go straight off the bone and you’re left with clean bones.
- Get the Mediterranean spice rub and sprinkle the rack of lamb generously on both sides. Rub this in well with your hands and let the herbs do their work on the meat.
- Meanwhile, cut the vegetables. All kinds of vegetables are delicious with this dish, we have opted for eggplant and zucchini, but feel free to use other varieties. When the vegetables are baked on the BBQ, cut them lengthwise. When the vegetables go into the pan, cut them into pieces.
- Are you making this dish in the oven? Then you first fry the rack of lamb in the pan. Put some oil or butter in the pan and turn the heat to high. As soon as the oil or butter is hot, put the rack of lamb in the pan. You bake these briefly at a high temperature for crusting. Do not do this for too long, otherwise, the meat will dry out. Place the core thermometer in the rack of lamb and place it in an oven dish in the oven. At 150 ° C, you are going to bake the rack of lamb until it has reached a core temperature of 55 ° C, with this you achieve a beautiful rosé color. It will take 10-15 minutes to reach core temperature, then remove the rack of lamb from the oven and let it rest for another 10 minutes in aluminum foil. If you are making this recipe on the BBQ put the rack of lamb on the rack on the side for direct grilling. Here you will briefly grill the rack of lamb until the meat has a brown crust in a few minutes. Then you move the meat to the side for indirect grilling. Here too you put the core thermometer in the rack of lamb and continue cooking until a core temperature of 55 ° C has been reached. Remove it from the BBQ and let the rack of lamb rest in aluminum foil for another 10 minutes.
- While the rack of lamb is in the oven, bake the vegetables. Put some oil or butter in the pan and add the chopped vegetables. Season with the Everyday Grinder for deliciously flavored vegetables. Bake them to your preference and remove the pan from the heat. If you are making this recipe on the BBQ, season the vegetables before baking. It is best to bake the vegetables when the rack of lamb is resting in aluminum foil. Put some oil on the rack to prevent the vegetable from sticking to it. And then place them on top of the piece for direct grilling and bake them until the desired doneness is achieved.
This recipe is based on a rack of lamb that is still beautifully rosé on the inside. If you prefer your rack of lamb medium or medium / well done, let the core temperature rise to 60/65 ° C.